Forms for Verification

How to Obtain your DD214 or ORB/ERB for GuideOn Verification

How to Obtain Your DD214

If you have paper copies of your DD214, you will need to scan and save your DD214 to your computer in PDF form, or you can snap a picture with your smart phone and save it in PDF form with one of the many apps in the Apple or Google store. We recommend Genius Scan for iPhone users – it’s free and simple to use.

If you have already ETSed from the Military and can’t find your DD214, you will need to go to eBenefits to obtain it. Access will require either a CAC or Department of Defense Self-Service (DS*) log in:

  1. Go to
  2. Select Log In or Register, depending on if you’ve created an account
  3. If you have already set up an account, you will be taken to a Login page; you must first agree to the terms before logging in
  4. Select “Request your OPMF Information” button on right side of screen   
  5. You will be taken to DPRIS – U.S. Government Information System page; select the “Accept” button with your cursor
  6. Enter the email you wish to have your DD214 emailed to, check your Service box, check the DD214 box, and press “Submit” with your cursor
  7. The system will email you once your records are ready for view; it can take up to 3 days for your records to be ready; once the records are ready for review follow steps 1-4 above.
  8. After completing steps 1-4; Select “View your retrieved OMPF Information” button on the right side of the page.
  9. Your records will be located at the bottom of the page and will be viewable/downloadable for 14 days only.
  10. Save your DD214 as a PDF, to a location where they can be easily retrieved.
    Finally, upload your DD214 to GuideOn.

How to obtain your ORB/ERB from AKO (Active duty Soldiers only):

  1. Go to Army AKO at
  2. Select “ORB: Officer Record Brief”/ “ERB: Enlisted Record Brief” link under Army Links column on right side of the screen.
  3. Once forwarded to the ORB/ERB page, select the “view/print” button.
  4. Save as a PDF to your desktop, where they can be easily retrieved.
  5. Finished!

How to obtain your ORB/ERB in the Reserves/National Guard:

  1. Contact your Unit Administrator (UA) for assistance in building your 2-1/SRB.
  2. Ensure that you have all documentation required to help the UA build out your completed and accurate 2-1/SRB.

Use your documents to verify Military status when needed and to support you while you complete your GuideOn resume. Sign up today!

Have more questions? Submit a request


  • 0
    J. R. Rossman

    Thank you for the article but I already uploaded my dd214 to you for verification.

Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk